Sadly, I’ve been having some computer trouble…so writing and posting every day in November just didn’t happen.
Hope to be back with y’all soon!
1. A friends pj birthday party. Usually, everyone dresses up in cocktail attire and goes out on the town…this year he planned a pajama party at his home. I HIGHLY recommend this idea to anyone.
2. an unexpected massage at work. I was training with our massage therapist at the spa, and her way to train is visual then feel. So I watched her work on one person, then she gave me a massage. WHaaaaaat?! That was a hard day at work ;)
3. Bandsgiving with Danami and the Blue….the band threw an early thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes….the works. One member had to show up late and didn’t know if there would be turkey….so in the words of the drummer, Tyler “He brought three hens!”
4. I was offered a job doing the makeup for an album cover for a GORGEOUS and talented singer in the twin cities…I’ll show y’all some photos soon.
5. I came home to a fat stack of magazines in my mailbox….as in…8 issues. That’s a lot of pretty to look at.
…my best friend…well, I’m blessed in my life to have several really amazing women in my life as my best friends….but for the sake of your reading time, I’ll narrow it to one.
My wifey, Sarah. We’ve been “together” for 16 years now.
Sarah and I became friends like most girls did around that time…through our mutual love of Leonardo Dicaprio. (who we still love) My mom came home from a new 4H group meeting and said “Amber, the family has a daughter your age…she likes that guy you think is so cute…you should come with us next week.”
S and I were a quick fit. Both into music and performance, both chipper, boy crazy pre-teens. We were meant to be.
S is one of the people I admire most in life. She’s a survivor. She’s tough. She hasn’t always been dealt the easiest hand in life, but she always keeps a positive attitude and a pull yourself up by the bootstraps mentality.
She’s funny, smart, talented, sweet, and beautiful. You’d hate her if she wasn’t so darn likeable.
She’s the hardest worker I know….the girl has sold more than a million real estate this year alone. She can fix the wiring in her attic. She can change the oil in her car.
She raises two beautiful, smart and super funny little girls on her own.
….as a former pageant girl (shhhhh! Don’t tell anyone!), I feel as though my list should start with… “world peace”….but it doesn’t …because that isn’t going to happen.
But. I CAN make my Christmas wish list! Because I haven’t made one in….oh….15 years….and it sounds like fun right now, as I sit here sipping cinnamon chamomile tea and listening to Michael Buble’s Christmas album….
the OCC lip tar mini set http://www.sephora.com/lip-tar-all-star-mini-x-4-set-P383463
A freestanding Heavy Bag so I can start boxing again. (my FAVORITE work out ever.)
Nook HD….my little nook touch is great, but sometimes it would be nice to have internet capability
a humidifier and a space heater for my room
a lifetime supply of Swarovski crystals
…and of course….world peace
ooooh I like number games!
1. Name 4 jobs you’ve had in your life.
Esthetician at Cole’s Salon
Administrative Assistant at Stryker Craniomaxillofacial
Administrative Professional at Tiffany and Company
Assistant Manager at the Body Shop
2. Name 4 movies you would watch over and over.
The sound of Music
My Best Friends Wedding
3. Name 4 places you have lived.
Ann Arbor, MI
4. Name 4 of your favorite foods.
Twisted Mac and Cheese at Hard Rock Cafe
Mac and Cheese at Union Woodshop in Clarkston, MI
Off menu pizza at Great Waters in St. Paul, MN
Crème Brulee French Toast at Ernie’s in Burnsville, MN
5. Name 4 things you always carry with you.
Lip Balm of the moment…or about 5 lip balms and lipsticks
Cash or debit card
6. Name 4 places you have been on vacation.
Galveston Island, TX
Palm Springs, CA
Canada…yes, mostly the whole country…
**Linking up with Neely at www.acompletewasteofmakeup.com**
I absolutely love this message of struggle, dreams, hope and hard work…